With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

BABY STEPS

I have changed VERY LITTLE of my life to lose weight. I haven't given up carbs, fat, or cream in my coffee. I haven't joined a gym. I haven't stopped the occasional fistful of potato chips....The adjustments have been MINOR......NO rigid diet, NO time consuming exercise program.... These are the steps I've taken thus far:

1. Don't eat after 8PM. (this was the hardest one)

2.Eat at the TABLE (not at the fridge, not at the sink, not in the front of the TV)

3. Go to a salon and get a great haircut and color! (change your hair, change your life!)

4. Drink lots of WATER:
Let me break down the water thing for you, in case you think 8 glasses a day is impossible: let's say, for the sake of easy math, that you have 16 functional hours in the day, say 7AM to 11PM. Eight cups is half a cup per hour, a quarter cup (which is basically a big mouthful) every half hour. IT WILL NOT KILL YOU TO DRINK A BIG MOUTHFUL EVERY HALF HOUR. So quit whining--

5. Fiber, fiber, fiber!

6. Take a daily vitamin.

7. Splenda is (contrary to the propoganda) your friend, use it.

8. Wherever you were going to park your car, do so, 25 stalls away from that spot...the walk won't kill you and its easier to find parking.

9. Green tea twice a day.

10. Eat a salad with dinner every night.


So far, this is all I've done...I figured I'd start small and move on from there...I'm going to walk in the evenings now that it is staying light later...I'll keep you posted....