With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Friday, February 04, 2005

Mother's Little Helper


I've decided to tell all of you a little of my past...I will only post on it occasionally...

Hindsight is 20/20. I've probably been bipolar since my late teens/early twenties, but was only diagnosed when I took a nosedive soon after my daughter was born. I then cycled wildly. Alternating between utter dispair and highs so high I glowed.

I was given a myriad of remedies. Here are some of them...

THE LIST ~
In no particular order, the drugs I've taken for my manic depression...some alone, some in combinations, some worked(for a while), some didn't...
  • Prozac
  • Paxil
  • Tegretol
  • Lithium
  • Klonopin
  • Wellbutrin
  • Zoloft
  • Risperdal
  • Effexor
  • Depakote
  • Topomax
  • Eskalith
  • Zyprexa
  • Lexapro
  • Lamictal

I'm sure I missed a few...

I've been on Lamictal (only) for about 2 years, and by all accounts, it seems to be holding it's own...knock wood.