With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Betcha can't eat just one!

Long, long ago, I used to read. I mean READ. I consumed books like they were potato chips. I devoured pages by the fistful. Stuffing myself, trying to satiate my undying hunger. It wasn't a love affair. It was pure LUST. I couldn't get enough.

I managed a major chain bookstore for several years and it was a requirement that I be up on everything current. I was PAID to read. My store was my very own, personal library.

That place seems so foreign now, so far away. Now, I'm lucky to read for 20 minutes a day.

Since I was diagnosed, and susequently medicated for bipolar disorder, I've found that I don't read anywhere near as much as I used to. I have a hard time with concentration and reading more than , say, a page at a time.

Thats why I like blogs.

Its good reading and most of you keep it short. For this, I thank you. You've brought reading back into my life.

I have struggled with the stunted attention span, and have even tried going off my meds because of it. Bad idea.

I cycle quickly and if not careful can cycle right off a cliff....its just a gamble whether it will be a HIGH cliff or a VERY LOW cliff. Either way, I land flat on my face.

So, with that in mind, I say "THANKS!"
You all have brought something cherished back into my life. I am forever grateful to you all.