With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Freedom Girl Is A Fatty

I tell everyone, upfront, in my profile, that I'm a fat girl. I don't think anyone every really thinks about it, at least, nobody has asked the question. So, Freedom Girl, exactly how fat are you?

Well.... I'm HUGE. I'm 5'2" and weigh 254 pounds. I've been fat for about a decade. Since I was pregnant w/Blaine...I gained 65 during my pregnancy and give or take, 10 a year since then.

Diets are hard enough, when coupled with the occasional sidetracked mood...unbearable. Bipolar meds are counter-metabolic and make losing go at a snail's pace. I've considered surgery, but I think its a punk way out, and I'm afraid of hospitals. Besides, I'm very active and healthy (no diabetes, no heart disease, no high cholesterol, no high blood pressure, no joint or bone problems, no respiratory problems)...I'm just friggin FAT.

Since the beginning of November, I've lost 25 pounds, I've got about 100 more to go. I decided to keep my goal reasonable...I know 150 is no Kate Moss, but thats the light I can actually see at the end of the tunnel. Once I get there, who knows, the journey may continue....I may actually get down to my original 108.....

I decided to chart my progress with a ticker on my blog(way down there at the bottom). Thanks,Quixotic Cat for the idea.