With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Monday, February 21, 2005

Grab a book

Following Texas Biscuit and AnonymousCoworker's lead....

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

Here's what I got...

I had not seen either of them at all during Easter week.
"Are you up?" she asked.
"I'm up," I said, and Teddy, holding out his arms, climbed over onto me.

The Pleasure Of My Company, by Steve Martin. Its what I got at B&N today....
It could have been my daughter's book, The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes...it was in the same bag...but only had 119 pages...

I just love Steve Martin's writing. I thought Shopgirl was great! His novellas are great for me because they don't take a big investment of time and aren't too heavy on the noggin.