With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

...Maybe she's skating

Freddie hit the nail on the head.

I had a really bitchin' post in the works, with tons of derby links and updates...stupid me didn't press save at any time during typing and I lost it all when the power went out. We were without power for 3½ days. NOT. FUN. AT. ALL.

The power finally came on late Sunday. We are some of the lucky ones. Some of the derby girls live out in the Key Peninsula area and were told, yesterday, they'd be lucky to have power by xmas. Holy shit.

I've been uber busy with derby stuff. This starting a league crap is really time consuming. But fun. And so worth it. I'm having the time of my life!

We practice three times a week now. And we've been doing tons of fundraisers.

The league from Olympia, The Oly Rollers, came up last week and showed us what real bouting was like. We have tons of work to do. They were so fucking FAST. But the experience was a great one, even if they did wipe the rink with us.

We practice bout all the time...knocking each other around is fun, but its all about learning techniques and honing skills. Thats why I was more than a little suprised to find out just how satisfying it was for me to knock a perfect stranger on her ass. I would venture to say that roller derby is just as much a high as any drug I have ever done. And man, its potent!

Last night was a grueling workout.I made a rather nasty boob plant(think face plant, only lower), my right tit is entirely blue and purple. Good thing it's mine, or I'd have be in the ER with a ruptured implant. I hit the floor so hard that it split the seam on the cup of my bra. I even took pictures! Don't get all excited, there's no nipple action.


THIS IS YOUR BOOB.
THIS IS YOUR BOOB ON ROLLER DERBY...





And NO, Hubs, you CANNOT rub it to make it feel better.