With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Monday, November 28, 2005

*Stop your messin' around

Theres a new Discover Card commercial, maybe you've seen it...A handsome black guy who owns an I.T. business, but still likes to talk to actual people when dealing with customer service.....blahblahblah...

It all seems so innocuous. Then...

I find myself humming along to a strangely familiar tune that is lightly intertwined with the narration of the commercial.

Then it hits me.
The Specials.
A Message To You, Rudy.

I feel hollow. I can taste the bile at the back of my throat.

I'm used to the music of my youth being used for commercials. It really doesn't bother me to hear Top 40 pop diddies selling Cadillacs and cruise vacations....but THIS?!

This is sacrilege!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com