With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Monday, June 26, 2006

Are toothpicks still okay?

They're at it again.

I posted about this a year ago, almost to the day.

I still feel the same way about it today.
My patriotism cannot be diminished if someone burns a flag...No more than my marriage would be diminished if gays were allowed to marry.

Patriotism lies in your heart.

Soldiers do not die for the flag .

They go to war with the belief that they are doing good for the country. They go to war with the hopes of upholding all that the flag is supposed to embody...like freedom of religion and free speech.

My father served 21 years in the USAF before retiring a Major. He was a navigator for B-52s and C-130s, serving three tours in Viet Nam.

He brought me up to know the difference between true freedom and blind patriotism. He taught me that our Constitution gives us the right to say and think as we wish, and that is where our true freedom lies.

Freedom is an ideal. A flag is a symbol.

If you burn a flag, your freedom is NOT vanquished, it is DEMONSTRATED.


Wrapping yourself in the flag is the true desecration.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If the amendment passes, clicking this link could send us both to jail.