With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Camp Begins

On Sunday, we went to see Blaine in the Drama Workshop production of The Jungle Book. It was really cute. Blaine was one of the parts of Kaa, the snake. Kaa was made up of 6 girls. When she first came home with news that she was part of the snake, I was a little skeptical. It sounds weird, but was done well. They all had speaking parts and moved together to make Kaa seem sinister and eerily long. The effect was pretty cool.

Immediately after the show, we got in the car and drove to Portland and dropped Blaine off at the hosts. They are lovely people. Their daughter is so much like Blaine it is almost creepy. I'm sure they will be close friends, even after Camp. Leaving her in the hands of virtual strangers was difficult, but they seem like really good people.

When we went down last week for the meet-n-greet, I got a really good feeling about them. Terry(the mom) and I got to talking and I mentioned I was going to hit Hip Chicks Do Wine on my way out of town. She had never heard of it and wanted to join me. I was pleased to share it with her. We went, had a taste, and picked up a few bottles to take home. Anyone who likes a good CabMerlot can't be all bad. She really put me at ease about letting Blaine stay there. I don't think we could have picked a better match for Blaine or for us.

The weather has been horrible. Last night we went to the movies to get some relief from the heat. We saw My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It was okay. I would've rather waited to rent it, but it was nice to be in a darkened, air conditioned theater. It finally cooled down today. It dropped something like 22 degress from yesterday. I don't think this would have been so bad had we lived somewhere it is often hot, because we would have air conditioning. The weather here is normally so mild, it is not a requirement. I moved from Sacramento to get away from the heat. The past week has been like a forced visit there.(Think Hell...in August) I just hope the cool trend hangs around for awhile.