With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Monday, April 04, 2005

Hi, Mom...Is your frigelator running?

I normally have no problem with progress, however, this time is different....

My cell phone company is revamping it's voicemail system. I've been advised that after May 1st, I will no longer have access to my voicemail archives.

I am heartbroken.

See, when we first got the service, Blaine was very small....maybe 5 or 6. She used to call me and leave me ridiculous messages, full of jokes and giggles. I have saved ALL of them.

Every month I get a reminder to check my voicemail. Every month I listen, smile, remember, then resave them. It is truly one of the things I cherish. I love to hear her little girl giggle as she asks if my "frigelator" is running.

I wish there was a way to somehow transfer or save these little treasures. I asked the company if there was a way, but they said "No."

You see, when Blaine is her prepubescent self, these messages are my solice. They remind me of the beautiful little girl she is....even when I want to wring her little neck, even when she slams doors, even when she knows so much more than I do.

What am I supposed to do? I see these wonderful little moments fleeting...Its not like losing comments to Haloscan...this is MY BABY.