With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Friday, June 03, 2005

EXPENSIVE ART

I saw this today at Occidental Park in Seattle.

A portrait of Dubya looks out at you, across the street...glib and sly, with that shit eating grin on his face...
"What the fuck is THAT doing here?!", I ask out loud to nobody in particular. There is a crowd, so I must investigate.

Upon closer inspection, artist Phil Hansen's true artistic intention is revealed...each of the "dots" that makes up the giant newsprint-like portrait is.....
A NAME. Of. a. dead. soldier.

It is a poignant, sad and real commentary on the war.

The picture shown is the best one I could find...I didn't have my camera with me...

If you go to KING5 News and click on "Piece of art makes powerful statement", you can see some video that shows it better.