With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Friday, September 09, 2005

Real Time With Bill Maher

September 2, 2005
On Hurricane Katrina:

"All these politicians all this week are saying, 'Well, you know what? This is not the time to point fingers; this is not the time to, you know, quibble about things.' Well, you know what? When is the time, because I'm happy to write it down in my engagement book. And make an appointment, because, to me, the time is now, when the world is watching." – Anderson Cooper

" Why aren't they dropping with parachutes, medicines and food, as I've seen them do in other countries, and I've seen them do it. And finally, today, because Bush goes there, they start handing out some food and stuff to people so that they won't scream and yell at him while he's there." – Marry Frances Berry

"That's all they know how to do, is public relations. I'm sure Bush is sitting around today, going, 'I was hugging Negroes all day long. What do you want from me?'" – Bill Maher

"[Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff] said, 'The critical thing was to get people out there before this disaster. Some people chose not to obey that order. That was a mistake on their part.' And this is what I call 'unintentional racism.' Because this guy - that's the whole thing with the Bush people. They just can't imagine, 'Why don't you just pack up your Range Rover, grab a case of Poland Spring water out of the garage, and go to your summer home? What is the problem?!' They just don't get it." – Bill Maher