With fingernails that shine like justice...

and a voice that is dark like tinted glass, she is fast, thorough and sharp as a tack. She is touring the facility and picking up slack...

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I slack, therefore I am.

I have 4 or 5 posts sitting, waiting to be finished. I am behind on email correspondence. I haven't yet stepped a foot into The Pit Of Hell that is called the mall to shop for school clothes. And we have ordered pizza delivery or had sandwiches for dinner every night the last week.

Some may think I've fallen into another one of my depressed moods, the usual Yin to my summer Yang. But I don't think thats the case. I'm quite content right now. Not depressed at all. Merely unfocused.

I've taken to long phone calls with friends and my Mom...to watching movies in their entirety...to tending my garden...to listening to music. I would say at this moment I am downright serene.

Is this what it means to relax?

Because if it is, I've been misled in the worst way.

Vacations are for relaxation, right? I've always thought vacations to be a harried experience. To plan, to run, to schedule, to go go go, to do do do. I don't ever remember feeling this way during a so-called "vacation". I wouldn't dread them so, if it were the case.

So, I apologize for the lack of regular posting. I'll get around to it, eventually. But for now, I've got a half a bottle of Bad Girl Blanc and a movie waiting.